Before we showcase our selection of the best WordPress themes for supermarkets and grocery stores, we would like to share how we select themes.
In our article ‘How To Choose the Right WordPress Theme – 10 Important Things’, we share 10 important things for good themes. We take this into consideration for all theme selections we make across Design for WP.
The supermarket and grocery store themes below are therefore all highly rated, get regular updates, have meaningful and useful features, and provide amazing pre-built demo pages. In addition, these themes are fully optimized for WooCommerce in case you want to sell products on your website. Many themes offer useful extra options as well, such as product comparisons, shopping- or wish lists, and more.
BoxShop is a theme specifically designed and built for online shops. It is fully optimized for WooCommerce with a lot of handy built-in features for webshops. Besides that, it just looks great.
BoxShop comes together with the WPBakery page builder and meets the basic requirements you would expect of a theme, such as performance optimizations and great responsive design for mobile phones. A few highlights of the theme:
- Optimized for WooCommerce including extra functionality such as Dokan, product comparison, wish lists, and more.
- Many customizable settings (for example in the menu- and header style, sidebars, colors, product pages, and more).
- Works together with WPML, bbPress, Contact Form 7, and more.
- Has WPBakery Pagebuilder, Revolution Slides, and Mega Menu built-in.
- Eight pre-built demos can be installed with a single click.
- Optimized for speed and for mobile phones.
- Has been getting multiple updates a year for several years.
⭐ Super theme
WoodMart is a beautiful WooCommerce theme. This theme has been continuously updated for more than 5 years and the demos, more than 70 in total that you can easily install, look very sleek.
If you ask us, WoodMart is one of our favorite themes. It is definitely recommended. It doesn’t just look good, but also offers a large number of extra options, such as product filters, multiple wish lists, and much more.
Moreover, it supports both the Elementor and WPBakery page builder and it has over 350 pre-built templates to choose from.
A couple of highlights:
- Optimized for WooCommerce and has lots of extra functionality, such as Dokan, product comparisons, wish lists, product variations, and lots more.
- Works with WPML, mega menu, Contact Form 7, MailChimp, bbPress, W3 Total Cache, and more.
- Has WPBakery and Revolution Slider built-in.
- Has many customizable settings (for example for the header, menu, color schemes, fonts, images, 404 pages, and more).
- Over 70 pre-built demo websites can be installed with one click, and 350+ smaller templates as well.
- Optimized for speed and for mobile phones.
- Very good customer support.
Ekommart is another highly rated eCommerce theme with over 20 pre-built homepages, including a few specifically for supermarkets or grocery stores.
The theme runs on Elementor and is similar to BoxShop in many ways. With this theme as well you’ll get great functionality for your webshop.
A few highlights:
- Optimized for WooCommerce (including Dokan, product comparison, wish list, and more).
- Works with WPML, Contact Form 7, and MailChimp.
- Has Revolution Slider and a MegaMenu built-in.
- Over 20 pre-built pages can be installed with one click.
- Multiple customizable settings (for example in the header- and footer).
- Optimized for speed performance and for mobile phones.
Superfood can be an interesting theme for small supermarkets or grocery stores. With its 12 pre-built homepages, you’ll quickly get an overview of what the theme is capable of. The focus on photography stands out in particular. If this is of interest to you, and your online offering is limited to a small number of products, then this theme is great.
Superfood is not a theme full of features. But there are a few nice highlights:
- Optimized for WooCommerce.
- 12 pre-built pages which can be installed with one click.
- WPBakery and Revolution Slider are built-in.
- Works with WPML, Contact Form 7, MailChimp, and more.
- Multiple customizable settings (such as header, footer, 404 pages, fonts, and more).
5. Be Theme
Be Theme is a very large theme. It has been at the top of the list of most purchased WordPress themes for years and is therefore a real all-rounder. Whether you are building a corporate website or a web shop: Be Theme goes a long way.
Be Theme supports WooCommerce, so if you are looking for an extensive theme with this support, it is definitely worth considering. But, because Be Theme hasn’t been built specifically for web shops, it only has the default WooCommerce functionality.
So, if you are looking for an extensive website for your supermarket or grocery store where a webshop isn’t your primary goal, then this theme is great. But if your focus is on a webshop and you need useful extra webshop functionality (such as a digital shopping list, product comparison, extensive filters, and more), you’d better choose another theme.
- Very extensive theme.
- Works perfectly with WooCommerce.
- Contains just the default WooCommerce functionalities.
Freshio is another excellent theme built entirely for WooCommerce. Although there are only 8 pre-built pages, they are all of very high quality and perfectly applicable to supermarket or grocery story web shops. This theme gets high ratings from other users and that’s for a reason.
Besides that, the theme is fast, is built with the Elementor page builder, and offers many possibilities for customization. A few highlights:
- Optimized for WooCommerce, including extra functionality such as filters, a wish list, product comparison, and more.
- 8 pre-built homepages of high quality which can be installed with one click.
- Supports Slider Revolution, MailChimp, Contact Form 7, WPML, Elementor, and more.
- Multiple options for customization (fonts, colors, header and footer, and more).
- Good loading times and a mobile-first design.
MyMedi is technically not a theme aimed at supermarkets or grocery stores. It focuses more on the medical industry. However, that doesn’t necessarily have to be a reason to not choose a theme. In our opinion, this is a very comprehensive, professionally-looking theme that you could seriously consider.
MyMedi has, just like the Freshio and WoodMart themes, lots of extra functionalities that are useful for any webshop. A few highlights:
- Full support for WooCommerce, including extra functionality such as handy filters, product options, a wish list, Dokan, product comparison, a ‘frequently bought together’-feature, and more.
- Works with Contact Form 7, WPML, and Mega Menu.
- Great performance and is built for mobile devices.
- Multiple options for customization and over 15 pre-built homepages.
- Includes WPBakery and Revolution Slider.